Elle Lyn is the Creative Director at JuJu Creative hub and works with her clients to develop wholistic brands that help them share their message with the world in a way that not only looks good but also feel authentic, highlights their personality and lets them shine bright.
We have a gorgeous conversation about branding, how you can refine your own brand and some seriously cool tools to help you save time in your business.
What we talked about in today’s Podcast
- What is branding?
- Branding is more than a logo – it is the message you are sending out into the world.
- It is what people are saying about you and your business when you are not in the room.
- Branding allows you to share your vision and your voice in through your business message.
- Get clear on why you are in business, why you enjoy doing what you are doing and who you are doing it for.
- What dose your business stand for?
- Elle mentions time management is a major challenge she has faced and then shares with us some great apps that she uses to help manage her time better.
- Apps we both recommend – Asana, Acuity, Goggle Calendar, Google Drive, FreshBooks Cloud Accounting, PayPal, Dropbox and Evernote.
- Elle shares two amazing automation tools Zapier and If This Than That and how she uses them.
- Why is taking yourself through your Customer Experience from start to finish is so important?
- Marketing can feel authentic and connect not salesy and sleezy, Elle shares tips on how.
- When do you really need a website in your business?
- What is the first step to re-evalutate your branding and getting clearer on your message?
- Before you worry about the colours, images etc – get clear on the people you want to be talking to.
- Start small, you can think big and want to help lots of people, but who is the BULLSEYE in your target audience? Zone right in on them.
- Take a few of these people out for coffee and chat to them so you can really get to know them.
- How does pricing play into your branding?
Elle’s number piece of advice for anyone in business
Get clear on your goals, three months, six month and 12 months. Write them down – even if it’s just on a post it note.
Important Links from the episode
- Elle’s website
- Elle’s Facebook Page
- The Visual Business Plan Webinar